The Curfew is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, and our premises how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may update this Policy from time to time so please check this page periodically to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you agree to be bound by this policy.
Rhianne & Jamie Wilkins T/A The Curfew Bath are sole traders operating from: 11 Cleavelend Place West, Bath Somerset. BA1 5DG. We are registered for VAT purposes with registration number 359 8758 24.
Lawful basis for processing your data
Organisations are permitted to process data if they have a legal basis for doing so. We processes data on the basis that:
As a hospitality business, we have a legitimate interest in processing your data. This includes some or all the following:
- To enable us to provide our hospitality services to customers
- Where the processing enables us to enhance and personalize our services and communication for the benefit of our customers
- To provide communications including postal, which we think will be of interest to you
- To better understand how people, interact with our website to enable us to improve the information and facilities available through it.
- To contact you regarding any promotion or discount we may have available on the services or products you use.
It is necessary in relation to a contract or agreement which you have entered into. This may include:
- Booking an event with us
- Booking a table with us
Information we collect about you
We obtain information about you when you use our website which is anonymised and is returned to us via google by way of an analytics report. This shows us trends in searches, page visits and the type of information generally seek. This helps us with how we place information on our website and what areas to upgrade or improve so you can get what you need sooner.
We store information about you for example, when you contact us about a booking, finding out more about products and services, or if you ever register to receive our newsletter.
The type of information we collect
The personal information we collect might include:
- your name
- email address
- mobile/contact number
CCTV and Audio recording
This Company is dedicated to the improvement of our services. We may from time to time digitally record images and audio to assist with staff training and for the safety of customers and staff and the monitoring of the security of premises.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information to:
- contact you about a booking enquiry
- contact you about promotions or offers that are specifically relevant
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications, which you have requested, and that may be of interest
- to carry out analysis, improve the quality of our services and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Training and security purposes
How long do we store your data
We review our data retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example business transactions for HMRC purposes). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Where we store your personal data
As part of the services we offer to you, the information which you provide to us is stored on our businesses IT system. The backup servers for the system are held within our business location which are stored within a secure and locked room.
Your data may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). This may happen if any of our servers are ever located in a country outside of the EU. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. This will also be done with notice.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU to provide you with those services.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers for the purposes of providing services to you (for example to send you news and offers). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. We will not release your information to third parties unless we are permitted to, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and the practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website.
If you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of the operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check their policy.
- You have a choice about the type of information you receive from us. As a client of our services, you understand and agree that personal information you provide will be held on a database operated by us and we will contact you using your preferred method of communication.
- You have the right to access information held about you. If you wish to see a copy of your data, please contact us. We will provide this data within a few days (not exceeding one month).
- The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know.
- You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01225 313747.
- If you wish to speak our Data Protection Manager please ask to speak to Jamie, email: email@example.com or by calling 01225 313747.
- You have a right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.